Philadelphia, Pa. - From the home of the Philadelphia Phillies, the University of the Sciences baseball team got their second chance in two years to take on the West Chester Golden Rams in the 17th Annual Bill Giles Invitational from Citizens Bank Ballpark. The Devils posted four late runs in the ninth inning on back-to-back-to-back singles to start the inning, before a West Chester pitching change closed the game out at 8-5. USciences got their first run across after a Ryan Scholey leadoff walk and a Pat Hiester single in the gap sparked the Devils offense. The same inning brought along back-to-back walks issued to Tom Aaron and Nick Amicon to score the Devils first run in the bottom of the seventh. Reilly Degen got the start, throwing one inning, not allowing a hit.
- Christian DeLuca recorded two RBI's with a hit as part of the Devils four-run ninth inning rally.
- Adam Reed Finished 1 for 2 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Tom Aaron came up with a big pinch hit single in the ninth, later coming across on the T.J. Dezzi RBI.
From The Mound
- Dylan Mengel, Andrew Szpindor, and Matt Roland each finished their appearances with just one hit given up.
- Eric Stratoti, Kris Morgenweck and Chris Geraci each allowed just two hits each.
- The Devils will be back in action from Richie Ashburn Field on Friday, April 21 hosting PhilaU in a twin bill starting at 12PM.