Philadelphia, Pa. – It has been a career season for senior Katie Dickson, going on an 11 game hitting streak through the back half of March, and now earning her 100th hit at the beginning of April in the second game of a doubleheader against Nyack. The Devils split with the Warriors on the day, taking game one picking up their first shutout in 6-0 fashion, before game two down to the final outs and falling 7-5. The Devils posted two runs in the bottom of the seventh of game two, posting a late inning rally, but six early runs by the Warriors proved to be too much to overcome. With Dickson's 100th hit coming on a double to right-center in the fourth, her home run in the fifth would cut the Warriors in half.
Game One (USciecnes 6, Nyack 0)
- The Devils started off their scoring in the bottom of the second with a Brittany Granahan Walk, before she advanced to second on a passed ball.
- A Jenna Hohenberger single up the middle moved Granahan to third, before another passed ball allowed Hohenberger to swipe second.
- With the bases loaded after an Evangelina Olivera walk, the Nyack pitcher put Jackie Keifer on with a walk, bringing in Granahan.
- Ashley Lewis would drive in the next Devils run, reaching on the fielder's choice to bring in Hohenberger.
- The bottom of the third saw the final four runs cross for the Devils, as Dickson reached on an error, before the Warriors gave up back-to-back walks to Granahan and Hohenberger.
- With the bases loaded for Olivera she smacked a single down the left field line to score Dickson and Granahan, leading to a Nyack pitching change.
- Jack Keifer got hit by a pitch to load the bases once again, and this time it was Barbie Barron who came up with the RBI single to score Hohenberger.
- Ashley Lewis earns another RBI with a groundout to second, leaving the Warriors with only one play at first, as Olivera scored from third.
Game Two (Nyack 7, USciences 5)
- The Warriors posted six early runs through the first three innings, scoring two in the second and four in the third.
- The Devils found their way on the board in the bottom of the fourth, starting with a Dickson's 100th hit on a double to right, followed by Granahan taking a Warrior pitch to far inside.
- Hohenberger put down the sacrifice bunt to get runners in scoring position, allowing Keifer to bring in two runs on a hard hit ball to second base and forcing the error.
- A Dickson home run cut the Warriors lead in half in the bottom of the fifth.
- A Nyack double in the top of the sixth, and Devils passed ball allowed the Warriors to score their seventh run on a sacrifice bunt.
- The rally caps came on in the bottom of the seventh, starting with back-to-back singles by Kiersten Badzgon and Dickson.
- With runners on the corners a fielder's choice scored the Devils first run of the inning.
- An Olivera RBI double looked to keep the Devils alive, but the two out rally ran out of steam, stranding Olivera on second Keifer on first after the walk.
From The Circle
- Cassie Lapotsky picked up her fifth win and seventh complete game of the season in the first game shutout, allowing just four hits and fanning three.
- Nicole Ayers picked up the start in game two, allowing five hits, and striking out three.
- Kaitlyn Gaynor threw four innings of relief of game two, allowing four hits, one run and fanning three.
- The Devils will hit the road to take on Felician in a CACC doubleheader on Saturday April 9th, starting at 12PM.