Lakewood, N.J. - The University of the Sciences softball team grabbed the first win in a split on the road at Georgian Court. Game one swung in the Devils favor by a final score of 5-2, as the Devils collected nine hits, including a three-run homer by Brittany Granahan in the sixth inning to get the scoring rally going. The Devils jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in game two, plating the first two runs in the second inning, before dropping the final decision 6-3. The first USciences run came on a Jenna Hohenberger single through the left side to score Lauran Davis after Davis ledoff the inning with a single in the gap to right-center. Granahan would later come in for the second run, after Brooke Chisholm forced a Lions error.
- Chisholm went 2 for 3 with a run scored.
- Emily Harris tallied 2 hits in four at-bats with a run scored and a run batted in.
- Chisholm added two more hits to her total on the day.
- Alexandria Jackson added the Devils third run of the game on a Madison LaPlante RBI.
From The Mound
- Kaitlyn Gaynor was the game one pitcher, throwing all seven innings, with 11 strikeouts and just four hits allowed.
- Jackson started game two, tossing five innings and allowing nine hits.
- Kyla Colburn came on for an inning of relief allowing one hit.
- The Devils will travel to Chestnut Hill on Saturday, April 22 for a CACC contest starting at 12PM.