Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's tennis team resumed playing with two matches left to go this afternoon against PhilaU. With the Devils up four courts to three when the match was suspended due to darkness on Wednesday evening, the Rams were in a must-win situation coming back for the finale on Thursday afternoon. Though the visiting Rams of PhilaU got off to a quick start, picking up two wins on the doubles courts, the Devils regained the lead with three singles wins of their own on the first day of play. Taking three matches into a third set, head coach Jay Brennan and company picked up their first win over PhilaU since he took over the reigns of the women's team, as the Devils move to 4-1 on the season and 2-0 in conference play.
- The double tandem of Abbygail Gamarnik and Julia James picked up the lone doubles win for the Devils at 8-3.
- Coming off CACC Rookie of the Week honors, freshman Karla Miletic continues her hot streak on the first singles court with a win in straight sets at 6-4, 6-1.
- Both Gamarnik and James picked up clutch singles wins for the Devils, while Gamarnik went the distance taking down her opponent in three sets 6-0, 3-6, 6-1. James sealed her singles win in straight sets at 6-3, 6-3.
- As the match came down to the final court, Gabrielle Soriano sealed the win for USciences at 6-1 and 6-4.
- The Devils will be back in action at McNeil Family Courts on Sunday, Sept. 18 at 12PM hosting Daemen College.