READING – Competing in its second-ever meet, the University of the Sciences women's track and field team placed sixth at the 2018 Albright Invitational, hosted at the School LifeSports Center, on Saturday.
Jordyn Pursel earned 10 points across three events, highlighted by placing second in the triple jump with a mark of 8.93m for eight points.
The graduate transfer also placed eighth in both the 55m and long lump, qualifying for one of the eight spots in the 55m final in the field of 18 by crossing in 8.24 seconds in the prelims. She then finished the final in 8.37 seconds, while her furthest leap in the long jump was 4.42m.
She finished one spot behind Elizabeth Eaton, who marked at 4.52m in the long jump and also ran the 55m prelims in 8.76 seconds.
University of the Sciences earned a team-high nine points in the 3000m, with Elizabeth Sauers and Bridget Houghton crossing back-to-back in fourth in fifth with respective times of 12:35.73 and 12:48.31.
Houghton and Skoritwoski also ran the mile, where the Devils earned seven points thanks to Shane Bishop and Houghton crossing less than a half-second apart in fifth and sixth in the field of 15 with respective times of 6:21.10 and 6.21.38. The time for Houghton was more than 17 seconds better than her time three weeks ago in USciences' first-ever meet.
With a time of 7:29.02, Jaime Ryan was nearly 27 seconds better than her time from three weeks ago, while Skoritwoski ran the event for the first time in her collegiate career and finished in 7:38.12.
The mile was one of two events in which Bishop earned points, as she also placed eighth in the 400m with a time of 1:12.45, edging out her time from three weeks ago by nearly a second.
University of the Sciences closes out its winter indoor track and field schedule at the Armory Last Chance Meet, which takes place at the historic Armory Track & Field Center, on Friday, Feb. 23.
8. Jordyn Pursel – 8.24
11. Elizabeth Eaton – 8.76
8. Jordyn Pursel – 8.37 (1 point)
8. Shane Bishop – 1:12.45 (1 point) (collegiate personal best)
5. Shane Bishop – 6:21.10 (4 points)
6. Bridget Houghton – 6:21.38 (3 points) (collegiate personal best)
13. Jaime Ryan – 7:29.02 (collegiate personal best)
14. Sara Skoritowski – 7:38.12
4. Elizabeth Sauers – 12:35.73 (5 points)
5. Bridget Houghton – 12:48.31 (4 points)
9. Paige Jacobs – 13:09.43
10. Olivia DeLorenzo – 13:16.63
11. Sara Skoritowski – 13:47.96
7. Elizabeth Eaton – 4.52m (2 points)
8. Jordyn Pursel – 4.42m (1 point)
2. Jordyn Pursel – 8.93m (8 points)
10. Chloe Georges – 9.32m
12. Sophie Hockran – 9.11m