Wilmington, De. - The University of the Sciences cross country team hit the trail at Carousel Park for the Goldey-Beacom Invitational on Friday afternoon. As the women's team collected their second second-place finish of the year after a weekend off, after the Philadelphia Metro. The team also had a record day with five runners setting personal best times and three runners setting season bests. The course at Carousel Park has treated the Devils well in the past, as this is the women's second consecutive year bringing back the second place trophy. Yesterday was also the debut of the full and healthy men's team running a complete 8k race after the Philadelphia Metro was shortened due to heat.
- Senior Tim Storino made his 2016 debut, completing the course in 30:53.
- Scott Jacobs ran his first collegiate 8k at Carousel Park, coming in at 33:01.
- Junior David Wilds was just a minute off Jacobs time, finishing in 34:25.
- Eric Meikley came in at a time of 37:30.
- Eric Stratoti rounded up the Devils finishers with a respectable 39:25.
- The Devils will lace-up again on Saturday, Oct. 1 when the head to Bethlehem, Pa. for the Paul Short Run hosted by Lehigh University.