Kutztown, Pa. - The University of the Sciences softball team traveled to Kutztown for an out of conference doubleheader against the Bears, dropping the series opener 6-0 before falling in the late game 7-4. The Devils notched eight hits on the afternoon with six coming in game two, Ashley Lewis recorded a hit in each game for USciences. Gina Pustizzi got the offense going in game two, with a two RBI double to right field, bringing home Brittany Granahan and Kaitlyn Gaynor. The Devils third run of the third inning, came by way of some heads up base running, as Sara Pietropola scored on a wild pitch. Evangelina Olivera would drive in the Devils final run in the seventh inning with a single up the middle.
- Emily Harris went 1 for 3 with a double in the seventh inning.
- Gaynor finished 1 for 3 in with a run scored.
From The Mound
- Kyla Colburn was the game one starter, throwing all six innings, allowing six hits and six runs with two strikeouts.
- Gaynor tossed a complete game two, with 12 hits allowed and seven runs, while striking out four.
- The Devils will be back in action on from their home field at the McNeil Family Athletic Complex on Wednesday, April 12 taking on Holy Family in a CACC doubleheader at 3PM.