WASHINGTON D.C.- The University of the Sciences women's tennis team won three matches in a 5-2 loss at District of Columbia on Thursday afternoon.
The result moved James into a tie for 10th in program history with 18 career doubles victories, while Gamarnik now leads the Devils with nine doubles wins this season.
USciences would then win two of the three matches that went to three sets in singles play.
Elkanah Linder bounced back from a 1-6 first set loss at the fourth flight to win the second and third 6-4, 10-6, while, after winning the first set 6-3, Stephanie Mazurek recovered from a 4-6 second set loss to pull away in the third, 6-2.
The two are now both tied for the team lead with four singles victories each.
Karla Miletic's match at No. 1 singles also went three sets. After splitting the first two sets, 6-3, 2-6, it came down to the final game in the third, with her opponent prevailing 5-7.
University of the Sciences is set to host its first-ever home match at the Hamlin Center on Saturday, Sept. 29 at 1 p.m., when it welcomes Post to Philadelphia for a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) matchup. It will be the first of three home CACC matches in a span of four days for the Devils.
1. Simoné Parn def. Karla Miletic (USP) 3-6, 6-2, 7-5
2. Marija Milic def. Abbygail Gamarnik (USP) 6-0, 6-2
3. Joanna Skrzypczynska def. Danielle Paran (USP) 6-4, 6-3
4. Elkanah Linder (USP) def. Paula Avellan 1-6, 6-4, 10-6
5. Stephanie Mazurek (USP) def. Anastasiia Danylova 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
6. Estefania Castrillon def. Julia James (USP) 6-0, 6-2
1. Parn/Milic def. Miletic/Paran (USP) 6-1
2. Danylova/Skrzypczynska def. Linder/Mazurek (USP) 6-1
3. Gamarnik/James (USP) def. Avellan/Castrillon 6-4